what we do: support sobriety when the stakes are high
Northstar Guides provides monitoring and structured support for those who don't benefit from, or can't use, a 12-step model to meet their recovery needs. Sound like anyone you know?
If you need to demonstrate your commitment to your own recovery, we provide sobriety monitoring that meets requirements typically set by courts and licensing boards. With documented learning, targeted mentoring, plus proven sobriety, you can make it clear that you're getting better.
How does this work?
Northstar Guides monitoring offers you:
- Real-time, live accountability for your progress, at home: SoberLink lets you demonstrate to the world and yourself that you really ARE avoiding alcohol. Ask your mentor about this monitoring device!
- Support from a recovery mentor--not an insurance-billed intervention that goes into your medical and employment records
- Individualized exercises and practices, matched to your triggers--not a set of cliches that 'work if you work [them]'
- A timeline for your progress, with a short-term (12 week) process as a standard--not a lifetime of meetings to rehash your past use
- Privacy for your problem and true confidentiality as you find your solutions to living a full, rich life--free from drinking AND talking about drinking
The myth of 'rock bottom'
Many people think that you have to be laying in a gutter before you're open to change; if you're still doing okay, you're not going to take any help. We know otherwise: you have the power within you to change your habits to change your life, with the right support. We work with substance users who have something to lose. You deserve support to keep your family and your job. We provide evidence-based tactics and active monitoring to keep you on track in recovery.
Northstar Guides' services include recovery mentoring from certified coaches, intensive sobriety monitoring with data-driven tools, and courses for substance abusers to help them demonstrate their progress and build credibility.
Let's explore where we can go together.
If you're ready to discuss the options Northstar Guides offers,
contact us to schedule a discovery meeting.